Superannuation splits

Superannuation accumulated through a relationship is usually part of the property pool that is divided between the parties as part of the Property division.
Superannuation Companies and the Superannuation laws will however require that an Order of the Court is made or a Financial Agreement is entered into. An order of the Court can be made by a Application for consent orders and see our further page on this topic.
We can assist you to ensure the correct wording is used and the documents are completed correctly to ensure Trustee of the Superannuation company is given the correct direction.