Why Have An Enduring Power Of Attorney

Having an Enduring Power of Attorney may not seem necessary.  Now, as long as nothing happens to you, it’s not a problem.  But if you suffer an injury and lose capacity, who looks after your affairs whilst you are incapacitated?  Your affairs must be organised by The Public Trustee.  The Public Trustee will charge a fee for handling your affairs which is usually a percentage of the gross assets.

The procedure is cumbersome and it will add further stress to your realtives at an already difficult time.

The other alternative is to apply to Court to appoint an administrator which will cost thousands.

Paying for the cost of Enduring Power of Attorney now doesn’t sound so bad.  An Enduring Power of Attorney will continue operating if you suffer an incapacity which affects your ability to handle your affairs.

Call Joe O’Hare on 3266 8999 to make a time to organise this important document.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment